5 Simple Ways to Cut Water Bill Costs
Although water isn’t the most expensive of the many bills we pay each month, it can rack up a hefty chunk of change for larger families. However, cutting costs of your water bill isn’t so hard. Find a few simple tricks that help cut costs of your water service and benefit the environment.
1. Install a Sprinkler System: Your lawn is an important part of the home’s curb appeal. Keep it looking great by installing a sprinkler system. Once installed, a sprinkler system st louis also reduces costs of watering the lawn, garden, and other outdoor plants and fixtures.
2. Shorten Shower Themes: The average person spends more than 20 minutes in the shower. Cut showers to about 6 minutes and you’ll save 20 gallons of water each day, per person who showers.
3. Go Efficient: Many products designed for the kitchen and bathroom fixtures cut costs of water bills. This includes showerheads, efficiency toilets, and other items. Install these products to get a drastic cut on costs of your water bills.
4. Use the Dishwasher: This may come as a surprise to many, but it’s actually more water efficient to wash dishes in the dishwasher versus washing by and. If you want to reduce your chore load and get clean dishes, toss them in the dishwasher.
5. Fix Leaks: Far too many people pass by those tiny drips or small leaks, assuming that it’s no big deal. The truth is, leaks attribute to considerable water loss. Repair the leaks now to avoid expensive water bills and other problems.
Don’t pay more for water usage in your home than necessary when it’s so easy to cut costs with little effort necessary. Use the tips above to help keep your water bills and sage to a minimal.